Sunday, October 18, 2009

Frosty Nights

It is that time of year again when the dahlias and the glads have been hit by frost and now it is time to dig up the bulbs and get them stored until spring.  I have decided this year to put a tag on all my bulbs to see what colors they are for next year.  I always end up with such a hodge podge of color but on the other hand - it is always a surprise.  I did not get as much time to spend in my gardens this summer as I would like to.  I have so many of them it is hard to get to them all.  Thankfully most of them are perennials and look after themselves except for the weeds but there is always a lot to do just the same.  I have a lot of flowers that attract the birds, the bees and the butterflies so there is quite a variety and I like to keep a little color for spring, summer and fall.  I now have some that will still make a statement with their fluffy wands in the winter too. 

This hardy little rose keeps flowering even with the frost on it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment