Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chickadees and Goldfinches

In my yard there are a lot of birds that visit my feeders regularly.  The most predominant being chickadees, nuthatches and goldfinches.  I do have lots of other species that come but not in the numbers that these ones do.  I tried to take some pictures but they are all so fast that you don't even get a chance to focus on them let alone take a picture.  When I don't have the feeders out - they all sit there very patiently waiting for me.  In the trees, the ferns, the christmas lights that I never take down (they make a great place for the birds to perch) while waiting for a feeder or a place to sit when one is there.  As soon as I open the door with feeders in hand they come right over and start to eat before I even get them hung up.  They are so used to me and the cat, that they don't hesitate at all.  Some of them will take the food right from my hand.  Some of them are still nervous but with patience, they too will soon be used to my presence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment