Monday, August 31, 2009

Oh Deer!!!

I have a very friendly deer that visits occasionally. I don't know if it is the same one each time because she doesn't have any distinguishing marks on her. However, she loves tulips, hostas and hollyhocks. Every time one gets a bud on it - she eats it. I have moved the tulips to another flower bed closer to the house and the hosta has more leaves so it is still there. I have wanted hollyhocks for some time and finally found some lovely double bloomed ones that were actually in flower. I planted them one evening and I checked them the next morning - one had the whole top bit off. They now have a lovely fence around them. I am hoping that she didn't really like the taste of them because she only ate one. I have my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment