Monday, September 7, 2009

My Birds


These are my birds that have found their way to my house one way or another.  The small blue budgie, that the kids have named Blue, was given to me by my great grandson Bailey.  He was very small and when he and his parents had to move they had no place to keep the bird so he asked if I would look after it for him at my house.   Although he doesn't know it - Blue has changed bodies since the first one came.
The gray cockatiel, that the kids have named Cloud, came when my brother-in-law could not  stand the noise he was making and decided that maybe he would be better off here.  He and the original Blue were great friends and chatted to each other and Cloud was much quieter.  A friend of mine had a gray female that she wanted to breed as it was always laying eggs and asked if I would sell my bird to her.  This meant that Blue was alone so we had to get him a companion.  We actually bought 'Sunny' and the two of them became best buds.  However, Cloud was not very happy and refused to do what he was supposed to do and made a lot of noise that my friend could not get used to and she brought him back.  I think I should get another companion for him because the new Blue and Sunny tend to ignore him and he is also very quiet.  The only time I hear him is when he "talks" to the blue jays outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment