Friday, September 25, 2009

No more Hummingbirds

The humming birds have all gone south for the winter so we can clean up the feeders and store them away for next season.  We always know that summer is here when they all come back.  Even thought the humming birds have gone there are still lots and lots of other birds that will stay for the winter and we will continue to feed them. Some of the food I buy but some I make up myself.  I will buy or get beef fat or suet from the butcher or the grocery store and keep it in the freezer.  I also keep those net bags that onions or some other foods come in.  Then when I am ready I put the suet (fat) inside the mesh bag, tie or sew the hole shut and hang then up for the birds.  I also make sure I put them where the squirrels can't reach them. 

 If you want to see a cute humming bird video - check out my website.
http://www.birdsupplywarehouse.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment